Friday, January 1, 2010

Writing and Giving Hope

It’s been quite some time that I haven’t written any articles in English. Even though I’m still doing it through Thought of the Day (TOTD), my daily reflection that you can find in my blog : http://fonnythought.blogspot.com/, but I haven’t written the longer version of any articles in English. And suddenly, starting yesterday I find an urge inside of me to write down something. In English. The writing mood had called and here I am, fulfilling the need and writing it right now.

If I’m thinking of this writing-in-English thing, I remembered that I didn’t have the courage even to write down the TOTD in English. My first own version of it. Knowing that my English isn’t too bad when I speak and few experience in teaching English for Primary kids back in the years of my college when I taught the children on part-time basis, but still there’s a big doubt inside of me if I need to write down any articles in English and publish them. Writing is another thing. While speaking, people might understand you even you don’t use a proper grammar. But in terms of writing, it takes more than just courage to do it. Somehow in my opinion, it needs skill as well. And I didn’t have it or let me correct my words, I thought I didn’t have it. So, I didn’t write any of it. But as a lot of friends encouraged me, especially the ones who got those thoughts regularly and liked my additional version on top of the original version by Joyce Meyer, here I am now… Trying to brush up my writing skill by writing my thoughts in English.

Until know, I love to write something that’s kind of inspirational or you can call it motivational. In other words, you may say that mostly my version of writing is something that’s giving hope. Well, I have to admit that I’m not the motivated person all the time. It’s sometimes the other way around. I know myself too well. As a melancholy, it’s normal that I perceive something more negatively. I tend to see that a cup or a glass is half empty rather than half full. But, I find that through writings, I can become more motivated. And sometimes the content of the writing, the inspiration that I’ve got, rhymed loudly inside of me. That made me motivated. That made me positive. That made me want to see the beauty of not giving up. That made me stay in hope. And I just want to keep on writing for the goodness and kindness of the God Himself. Because I know, that whatever I’ve got at this moment, whatever I have, whatever I’m currently enjoying, whatever blessings that has been there in my life-the current ones-and the future might bring are all His gifts for me. So, here I am writing down all of the blessings for thanking Him. For being grateful for the good things or even bad things, which are all good. Good because if He wants them to happen to me, to happen to you, He meant well. He wants us to learn something through it and get closer to Him.

In times of trouble, depressed, or stressful, I still believe that there’s no other remedy that can work so well except by getting closer to God. Drawing ourselves nearer to God. Because only this thing will enable us to grow more mature. Mentally and spiritually. As we grow in Him, I do believe that we can see more things with a new perspective.

Writing something that’s giving myself as well as other people a new hope is something that I’m gonna do. I’m not gonna stop. I’m gonna get going. Even though my condition is at worst, even though I myself find it hard to cope with the problems or troubles that I’m currently facing, even though I know that uncertainties will fill my journey of life, but I’d like to keep writing anyway. Not to mention that if I’m on the other side of the story, if I’m happy, successful, grateful, blessed, only to find that it’s God who made me that way. It’s His strength that He’s pouring to me. It’s Him that enables me to stay this way. In faith, keep on writing for something better. In faith, keep on hoping for the Lord. And hopefully my writing can touch people’s heart and encouraged them to be a better self. And eventually, if God permits, for a better world that we’re living. Hoping and doing at the same time.

And finally, let the source of hope be with us always. Let us feel His presence now and the days ahead. Well, problems are unavoidable, but to stay in hope is a choice that we could make.

Let’s embrace His love in these first days of new year. Let’s put our faith and trust in Him by beginning to develop a new healthy relationship through prayers. And may the guidance of the Holy Spirit make us stay hopeful, even in the midst of hopeless situation. Stay faithful, stay hopeful. In Christ, we trust. Amen.

HCMC, January 2, 2010

-fon-

* Fyi, this article is also available at my other blog dedicated to Jesus : http://fon4jesus.blogspot.com/. Thanks and GBU.

No comments:

Post a Comment