Friday, December 13, 2013

Give Us A Grateful Heart, Oh Lord…

It’s been my second time visiting this hospital within the week.
I’ve been to Mount Elizabeth Hospital in city central, not far from the beautiful and prestigious Orchard Road area in Singapore.
There I was, looking at so many people with so many sicknesses that we couldn’t have ever imagined.

I visited one of my dear friend from Indonesia who had a surgery there.
While going to her ward, I heard some people speaking my own language.
So many Indonesians around here.
And while at the same time, I realized that there are so many people who are currently helpless with their situation.
Some of them were sitting hopelessly.
Wondering.
In pain.
Walking so slowly, maybe after some surgeries.

Having those experiences, made me realized that: how we (read: I) frequently take things for granted.
It’s so hard for me to stay thankful.
I always want more.
Sometimes, the feeling of competition is running fast…
So seldom I could be thankful for what I've got.

Health is a blessing.
Being able to spend time with our loved ones, even only for simple things such as watching TV together, having a meal together, having a walk in the park together, or even praying together is such a wonderful thing.
Again, it’s simple thing that counts…
Condition can deteriorate very fast, but we should treasure what we have at this moment.
Thanking God for His guidance.
Thanking Him for every single blessing in our life.

Here I am, Lord…
Calling on You…
Kneeling down on prayers to You…
Please give us a grateful heart…
Please give us a heart that’s full of thanksgiving…

We don’t need many things as we always want…
If only we could be thankful for simple things, then we realize that life indeed is beautiful in its simplicity.

Thanks for the breath of life, God…
Thanks for wonderful time we’ve had…
Thanks for the problems as well, as they make us stronger.
Thank You, Lord.
Thank You for everything.

04.12.2013
fon@sg



No comments:

Post a Comment