Sunday, September 20, 2009

Dreams and Visions


CHRIST, MY SERVANT LORD, I seek to do your will, yet I am so often discouraged by what I see and what I know. What I experience often beats me down, driving out my joy and dreams and even the sight of you. But your faithful Spirit dwells with me, stirring my heart and my mind. And so I pray that you who are the Dreamer, the Joy, and the Hope of the Ages would sow in me dreams and visions of what is yet to be, that what is may never so fill my seeing that I am unable to see you, so conquer my knowing that I cease to know you, or so paralyze my doing that I fail to serve you. Amen.- Minerva G. CarcaƱo Rhythm & Fire: Experiencing the Holy in Community and Solitude (source: the Upper Room’s website).


I am kind of agree with Minerva Carcano with whatever we know and we see often discouraged us. And moreoever what we experience, most likely the failure that we experienced over and over again, might beat us down. That makes us our lost our joy and our dreams seem distracted.
But actually, God is a visionary God. He'll be able to sow the visions and dreams most likely in the form of passion and faithfulness in every little thing that we do. There must be something that we love to do and we can do well and usually He will use this area of life to enable us to reach the dreams and visions. And more importantly, we might feel that we don't have the power, the strength or even the courage to carry on... But, God will empower us along the way with whatever abilities needed to achieve them.

I remembered I was once an alto singer in a youth Band for ministry. Actually, I couldn't really understand the notes well. I mean, I'm not good at reading those notes, but I only have this willingness to sing and I love to sing. I don't know how that I could directly lower my voice and took the alto version of each song. I'm sure, it's the help of the holy Spirit, it's God Himself who empowered me and made everything possible. You might say it's like a feeling or sense of music, other might say that maybe because I got used to it. But if I have to say with my own experience, it will be His work on me.

Talking about failure, I experienced some as well. It's never easy to accept the failure. But, failure is sometimes giving me a space to reflect, to grow, to understand one thing better, to understand myself better, and realize that I'm not the master of the universe, I can never control everything. Failure makes me realize that God is the king of this universe. He can do all things if He wants to.
It's never easy to get up from our own feet especially when we've fallen so deep and badly hurt. But, if we have faith that He will take our hand, reach His very own hands to us, and make us stand on our feet again, maybe we won't feel that 'stupid' anymore. Failure, sometimes is also a reminder for me, maybe I'm too arrogant, too proud, or put too much confidence on myself.
We have failed several times in this life. Or maybe many times. But, it's not that we are a failure. We can fail as much as it can be, but we'll never be a failure, because we're His children. Experiencing one, two, three or ten set backs doesn't mean that we are failure. We still can get on our track and fight for our dreams.

Tonight, I just want to write down that God will sow the dreams and visions inside of heart. Despite the limitations that we have right now, despite the failures that we have experienced in previous times, in spite of the reality that doesn't look like right on track, despite all of the things that we thought would distract us from our dreams... We still have faith in God and we can stand up once again with Him. We can reach our dreams in Him. I'm glad to say that with Him, everything is possible. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, said the book of Philippians. We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. Amen.

Singapore, 21st of September 2009
-fon-
* sleepy...but want to write down this...:) thank God.

Picture : http://www.tribalshapes.com/img/tattoos/dream-vision-fancy.gif, dream in Chinese Character, also can be read as Meng Xiang

No comments:

Post a Comment